Investment / Foam Castings
A World class Investment casting facility offers high quality Investment casting components being used in various industries such as
- Medical equipments
- General engineering etc.,
by its ultra modern plant equipped with all the latest technology and high tech laboratory.
The unit was established with experts in the industry and the team is built with the most experienced and technically competent persons engaged in the manufacturing of Investment Casting for several decades.
Investment Casting Facilities
Wax Pattern Shop
- Centralised air conditioned and well equipped wax preparation with fully automatic wax injection presses.
- Centralized air conditioned Unit & de-humidifier for control of temperature & humidity in the entire ceramic coating & drying area.
- Indigenous ceramic coating technology for better quality of ceramic shell strength & better surface finish of castings
- Secondary and Backup coating is automatic using Robotics.
Autoclave and Boiler Unit:
- Autoclave & Boiler unit.
- Sintering Furnace Capacity: 1 Ton
- We have one 100kg and two 250kg induction furnaces with automatic conveyer system to give sufficient cooling time for shells after melting.
- 50 tons/month
- Capacity: 50 Tons/Month with size range from 1 to 20 KGS.
- Electrical Furnace - 1 ton capacity and Water Quenching Tank
- Acid pickling and Pssivation facility
Advantages - Foam Casting
- Foam casting process can be used for precision castings of ferrous and non-ferrous metals of any size.
- Fewer steps are involved in foam cast - lost foam casting process as compared to sand casting.
- Core making is eliminated.
- Binders or other additives and related mixing processes are eliminated.
- High dimensional accuracy can be achieved and thin sections can be cast (i.e. 0.5 mm).
- Since no sand is used. Sand inclusion is completely avoided and 40 % of the defect is eliminated. Reduce the upgrading cost and lowers work-in process. This facilitate on time delivery and achieve the Surface finish nearest to the investment casting.
- 25% reduction in feed metal and casting per melt can be increased.
- Multiple castings can be combined in one mold to increase pouring efficiency.
- Consistent casting quality & reduced lead time for finished product.
- Fettling and machining is minimized due to high dimensional accuracy and the absence of parting lines or core fins.